College Government Corner
Published: Wednesday, February 1, 2012
Updated: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 21:02
Welcome back! I hope you had either a very restful, rejuvenating or otherwise fantastic break. This week's CG Corner is going to be offered in bullet points, so if you would like anything expanded upon send me an email (email@example.com).
· 1st Senate of the spring semester is on Feb. 6 at 6 p.m. in the Academic Council
· Senates are always open to everyone, but you're especially invited to Open
Discussion to bring up any issues or concerns.
· Open Discussion will begin at 7 p.m. this Monday (see agenda for details).
· Cabinet has met and set three main goals for Cabinet for the spring semester:
1. Update the CG Constitution including CG committees and positions.
2. Work to build consensus among the student body about the standards and
course components that we would like the Multicultural Requirement to meet.
3. Research and synthesize a working document for the position of CG Advisor
where job expectations and responsibilities will be laid out as a first step for
requesting an advisor for College Government.
· The Student Events calendar is live and will be spammed copiously very shortly.
· Community is now Community-Announcements and Community-Discussion.
· Non-discussion items posted to Community-Discussion will be deleted.
· The one exception to this is for Lost item emails which may be posted to
· For events, fundraisers and programs, please post to Community-Announcements.
· Don't forget #26 on the 50 Things to Do Before you Graduate—Attend Senate.
Kirstin M. Dorozynski
CG President '11-'12